Abigail was really sleepy today. We don't think she has slept very much the past couple of days, so it was good to see her rest. Her withdrawal symptoms seems to be subsiding. She is off the dialysis. The kidney doctor came in and said he would still be "in the background", but at this point, he wouldn't really be doing much. Her kidneys seem to be doing fine. I don't know if they are 100%, but they will get there. They are going to leave the tube in her belly for now, but will probably take it out on Friday.
The speech therapist came in and started seeing how she would respond to different smells. She really did have a postive reaction to cinnamon. Speech therapy in her case will really help her with eating and feeding. We have to see if she will an "oral aversion" since she has had the tube in her throat for so long. She still seems to suck and lick at the tube, so it's just something we have to wait and see how she does.
They are going to tighten her chest again on Friday. She should be fine. After that, they will see if they want to take her off the vent. So, we will see.