Monday, December 10, 2007

The roller coaster continues...

The operation was postponed this morning. They found some blood in Abby's poop last night. This may be a sign of an infection in her gut. They are watching her closely, doing tests, and giving antibiotics. We have to wait and see how this evolves. It could be a fluke, in which case they could do the surgery in 2-3 days, or they could have to wait 10-14 days. If the infection is serious, one of the possibilities is that they would have to operate on her gut. It's called necrotizing enterocolitis. Read all about it: http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/medical/digestive/nec.html

I'd like to get off this ride now, please...

2 comments:

Aunt Maria said...

We are so sorry that you are going through this. Our prayers continue. Hopefully it to be just a minor setback and she will be good in a few days. We love you all. Just know she has a lot of people praying for her and you.

Love,

Aunt Maria.

meggilu78 said...

I am so sorry that this has happened to you and your family. Know that you and you family are in our prayers.
God sometimes places obstacles in our life and we may not understand why they are there but know that he is with you every step of the way. We will continue to pray for a good outcome.
Cousin Megan